carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #11
SARAFIL
I like BMWs
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '16 BMW 550i xDrive
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,248
Do they still offer Tartufo? I thought they dropped one of the browns. That color is fairly accurate, itís probably a little more brown and less orange in person but not by much.

We have Coffee in ours and itís a much nicer shade of brown.
__________________
2016 550i xDrive Sedan -- Alpine White / Mocha Nappa Leather
SARAFIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #12
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '17 M240i
Posts: 8,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Do they still offer Tartufo? I thought they dropped one of the browns. That color is fairly accurate, itís probably a little more brown and less orange in person but not by much.

We have Coffee in ours and itís a much nicer shade of brown.
Coffee looks pretty nice. I am not a fan of Mocha, especially when paired with the black exteriors.

My choice would be one of the lighter blues (Phytonic, or whatever it is) with Cognac.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #13
SARAFIL
I like BMWs
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '16 BMW 550i xDrive
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Coffee looks pretty nice. I am not a fan of Mocha, especially when paired with the black exteriors.

My choice would be one of the lighter blues (Phytonic, or whatever it is) with Cognac.

So I just checked and they still offer Tartufo, they dropped Cognac for 2020.

BMW built a batch of low-spec 50i last year in Phytonic with Cognac leather. Every dealer had a few of them and there were a lot of leftover by end of model year. If they had a few more options I probably would have picked one up since Iíd imagine the deals were good. My dealer still had one in the showroom when we got our 2020 and I got a nice discount on that so Iím sure they would have gone deeper to move the 2019.
__________________
2016 550i xDrive Sedan -- Alpine White / Mocha Nappa Leather
SARAFIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #14
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '17 M240i
Posts: 8,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
So I just checked and they still offer Tartufo, they dropped Cognac for 2020.

BMW built a batch of low-spec 50i last year in Phytonic with Cognac leather. Every dealer had a few of them and there were a lot of leftover by end of model year. If they had a few more options I probably would have picked one up since Iíd imagine the deals were good. My dealer still had one in the showroom when we got our 2020 and I got a nice discount on that so Iím sure they would have gone deeper to move the 2019.
Looks like the combination is still available in the 40 engine.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:57 PM   #15
zach
swinging for the fences
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 50i, e36 M3
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,590
Thanks everyone. I do think we need to see it in person. Exterior will be carbon black which obviously I see nearly every day, but really waffling on black vs. tartufo for inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
you should get it
Nick, I just might - thanks!
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:09 PM   #16
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '17 M240i
Posts: 8,296
Let us know your specs when you figure it all out!
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:58 PM   #17
Theo
Crazy Old Man
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '03 E39 M5
Location: Marin Ca
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach View Post
Thanks everyone. I do think we need to see it in person. Exterior will be carbon black which obviously I see nearly every day, but really waffling on black vs. tartufo for inside.



Nick, I just might - thanks!
Yeah they ruined carbon black when they started offering it on every non M car after the E39/E46. I think you should for for the Tartufo.
__________________
Searching
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:36 AM   #18
zach
swinging for the fences
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 50i, e36 M3
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Let us know your specs when you figure it all out!
Looks like we'll be waiting a few months - no more 2020 allocations. Bummer.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums © 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC