carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 02-05-2021, 05:18 PM   #81
dan
redefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Good choice!
After that I might start thinking about a 2er for me!
Old 02-07-2021, 01:52 PM   #82
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
What are the specs? Search here is not yielding good results

(But it wouldn't be for another year+)
It's a 2017, first year of the updated bodystyle, in Deep Crystal Blue Mica (dark metallic blue). Grand Touring spec, heated front and back seats and steering wheel, AWD, leather, all the safety nannies. I think it's around 33,000 miles but I'd have to check. We bought it new in May-ish of 2017.

Given you're in Texas and I'm in Maryland, I'm sure you can find something much closer anyway . We haven't actually made any attempt to sell it, but we both think it's sort of silly we are still paying insurance and upkeep on a car we almost never drive anymore.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:05 PM   #83
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
After that I might start thinking about a 2er for me!
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:06 PM   #84
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
It's a 2017, first year of the updated bodystyle, in Deep Crystal Blue Mica (dark metallic blue). Grand Touring spec, heated front and back seats and steering wheel, AWD, leather, all the safety nannies. I think it's around 33,000 miles but I'd have to check. We bought it new in May-ish of 2017.

Given you're in Texas and I'm in Maryland, I'm sure you can find something much closer anyway . We haven't actually made any attempt to sell it, but we both think it's sort of silly we are still paying insurance and upkeep on a car we almost never drive anymore.
My car is the same color. I get tons of compliments on it.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:42 PM   #85
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
My car is the same color. I get tons of compliments on it.
IIRC it was an extra-cost color? At least at launch. Or maybe it was just really uncommon - we had to wait a bit for one to show up in that color because Marisa specifically wanted it.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:10 PM   #86
dan
redefined

Quote:

Love that spec though! I think the deep crystal blue mica is a great color and would probably be the top choice. Son loves blue as well. But yeah, I’m assuming I’ll be able to find one just a little bit closer
Old 02-07-2021, 03:20 PM   #87
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
She's loving the freedom of getting to drive around by herself. Even without really having any particular place to go.

Now I'm already starting to think about what I'll get for my son next year

Leading contender is a CX-5, I think
With Covid you need to think early since supply is short ... my youngest gets her full license in June (17 yrs old in NY) and I told her a couple of months ago to start looking at cars on the road to see what she likes. I think the Acura RDX is perfect but my she doesn't like the shifter, she drove my moms Lexus NX200 and wasn't liking it, I think she is leaning towards the same car her sister has (Q5) but I want her to look at the redesigned Q3, it looks great though a drop smaller than the Q5.

Gotta love this time getting the kids their first car it is fun but my driveway is getting pretty full.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 03:29 PM   #88
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
IIRC it was an extra-cost color? At least at launch. Or maybe it was just really uncommon - we had to wait a bit for one to show up in that color because Marisa specifically wanted it.
I think so. Several colors have an extra cost attached. The red as well, I think.

Edit: Looks like the blue is not a special cost color any longer. I’m a big fan of the Carbon Edition with the red seats, but it doesn’t come in the Signature trim.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #89
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
With Covid you need to think early since supply is short ... my youngest gets her full license in June (17 yrs old in NY) and I told her a couple of months ago to start looking at cars on the road to see what she likes. I think the Acura RDX is perfect but my she doesn't like the shifter, she drove my moms Lexus NX200 and wasn't liking it, I think she is leaning towards the same car her sister has (Q5) but I want her to look at the redesigned Q3, it looks great though a drop smaller than the Q5.

Gotta love this time getting the kids their first car it is fun but my driveway is getting pretty full.
Looked like Dan was talking about something for nearly a year from now. No telling what new and used car markets might look like by then. Hopefully, we'll only be chasing stragglers to get vaccinated (in the US, anyway), economy will be in full on recovery mode, repeated political shocks appear to be receding in the rearview mirror, the microchip shortage that's forcing auto manufacturers to shut down plants (that are already operating at less than normal speed) will long be over, and values will return to a more normal order. That seems like a lot to hope for.

I'm looking for another $4k beater for my kids. The idea is to have one by UMD finals in mid-May. Wish I could just clone the 2008 Accord I bought last January.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:36 PM   #90
dan
redefined

Yep, still over a year away for kid car #2