carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2020, 09:19 AM   #1
ff

Lucky, or unlucky? Also, recommendations on replacement tire brands?

I can only guess at the perfect timing and positioning required for this to happen. Maybe I should play the lottery this weekend?

This is on the Accord, which I may or may not be keeping much longer. I'm sure that I'll make a split-second decision on that while I'm out getting groceries some random day.

The tires are at the end of their life, so I'm going to replace them no matter what I decide. I want to spend for tires in the middle of the $$ pack so that I won't regret and hate them should I decide to keep the car for a few more years. But don't want to over-spend in the event that I trade the car in. I know zero about the "off-brands" that live in my size range. Cooper? Lauffen? Vredestein? Hankook?

Prices on tirerack are all over the map. And there are some decent performance summer choices in the right price range, though that seems like a silly idea on a car that isn't driven hard.

You don't have to choose a tire for me. But if you have general suggestions about brands to look at, or avoid, I'd certainly welcome them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-16.jpeg
Views:	306
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	12765  
ff is offline   Reply With Quote