carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 04-25-2023, 09:40 AM   #71
JST

It’s interesting that that is your reaction to the ZCP F80. I’ve never driven a ZCP car, but I think the tuning in my F80 is about perfect. It’s firm but not harsh. I generally leave it in sport, though the ability to flick down to soft is nice when you’re faced with broken pavement.

I wonder if there are damping differences, or if it’s mostly about the 19” v 20” wheels? I haven’t been able to find much info on the suspension differences between the ZCP and the earlier M Dynamic Suspension cars (like mine), though IIRC the parts catalog suggested the dampers were the same.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 05:58 PM   #72
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
It’s interesting that that is your reaction to the ZCP F80. I’ve never driven a ZCP car, but I think the tuning in my F80 is about perfect. It’s firm but not harsh. I generally leave it in sport, though the ability to flick down to soft is nice when you’re faced with broken pavement.

I wonder if there are damping differences, or if it’s mostly about the 19” v 20” wheels? I haven’t been able to find much info on the suspension differences between the ZCP and the earlier M Dynamic Suspension cars (like mine), though IIRC the parts catalog suggested the dampers were the same.
I mean, it wasn't that bad, but you pretty much had to keep it in comfort all the time. Even then, if the roads were really bad, it was a bad experience. The firmer settings were for smooth roads only.

I loved the car, but as I mentioned before, it only came alive above 5/10ths. My commute has little of that, so for my current use an M340i (AWD or not) would be better day to day. I do miss the looks in and out. It was well equipped too. Oh well. Timing in life is everything. Had I held on to it for a few more weeks, I might still have it today.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote