carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 08-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #1
nate
Oh, are they?

Carmudgeonly Ride: S4
High Speed Car Crash

Apparently you can wreck a car at 90-100mph and survive.

Came across this walking home from a movie last night: http://www.khou.com/mb/traffic/high-...park/309585360

The woman passenger was still on scene and looked upset but ok, the man was already on his way to the hospital.

Glad the man sounds like he was a bad shot as well as a bad driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9813.JPG
Views:	543
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	10947  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9814.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	866.6 KB
ID:	10948  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9815.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	10949  
Old 08-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #2
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I didn't see the wreck, but there is a junkyard/impound lot that I pass on my way to work. Most of it is fenced off, but there's usually 1-2 totaled cars out front on my way home each day that were either just dropped off or being dropped off.

This week had a couple of really messed up trucks. One was an early 2000s Sequoia that had been in a rollover. It was basically dented in a 45 degree angle on the driver's side. There was also an orange pick up truck (I think a Chevy or GMC) that had wrapped itself around a pole -- the driver's door impacted the pole -- easily pushing the door in ~3 feet, with the entire frame bent around the pole -- the bed was easily 30 degrees off center from the hood… Hope the drivers/passengers in both of those were OK...
Old 08-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
ff

Had two very good friends die last May after having a woman in a Denali ramp over them at what had to be somewhere around 100+ MPH (?). And (of course) the driver of the Denali survived. Every time I read this, I'm baffled at how it's even possible.

Quote:
According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, Sanita Sookdeo, 48, of Dover was heading southbound on Parsons Avenue in a 2007 GMC Denali around 11:35 a.m. She was traveling “at a high rate of speed,” the sheriff’s office wrote in an email to media.

At that time, Richard Crete, 54, of Riverview was heading southbound ahead of Sookdeo in a 2003 Acura TL. Crete, and his wife, Tanya, 58, were traveling about 40 to 45 mph when they were rear-ended by Sookdeo, the sheriff’s office said.

The Denali ramped over the Acura and continued southeast, approximately 530 feet, struck an embankment and went airborne again over Jersey Avenue,”
Stupid, preventable shit like this happens so often, I've started to become numb to it.
ff is offline   Reply With Quote