carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 02-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #11
clyde
Chief title editor

Vehicle Details 2018 Corvette Grand Sport LT2

VIN: 1G1YX2D73J5103475

MSRP Standard Vehicle Price
$65,495.00

Installed Options Total
$23,375.00

Competition Sport bucket seats
$1,995.00

Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package
$3,995.00

Battery Protection Package
$100.00

Carbon Flash Badge Package
$100.00

Black
$0.00

Red-painted brake calipers
$595.00

19" front/20" rear, chrome aluminum, Grand Sport wheels with summer-only tires
$1,995.00

Wheel locks, Genuine Corvette® Accessory
$60.00

Performance data recorder and video recorder
$1,795.00

Underhood liner with Grand Sport logo, Genuine Corvette® Accessory
$290.00

Z07 Performance Package
$7,995.00

Jet Black, Perforated Mulan leather seating surfaces
$0.00

Grand Sport 2LT
$4,455.00

Destination Freight Charge
$995.00

Total MSRP
$89,865.00

Price*
$89,865

-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

Vehicle Details 2019 Corvette LT2

VIN: 1G1YX2D76K5114715

MSRP Standard Vehicle Price
$65,900.00

Installed Options Total
$7,940.00

Battery Protection Package
$100.00

Carbon Flash Badge Package
$100.00

Sebring Orange Tintcoat
$995.00

Wheels, Grand Sport Black-painted aluminum
$495.00

Performance data and video recorder
$1,795.00

Jet Black, Perforated Mulan leather seating surfaces
$0.00

Grand Sport 2LT
$4,455.00

Destination Freight Charge
$1,095.00

Total MSRP
$74,935.00

Price*
$74,935

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #12
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Ok, I feel even more nOOb

Where did the window data you two posted come from?

I was looking, and looking for monroney sticker data, or I wouldn't even have asked (started thread) in the first place.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #13
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
Ok, I feel even more nOOb

Where did the window data you two posted come from?

I was looking, and looking for monroney sticker data, or I wouldn't even have asked (started thread) in the first place.
That Hendricks' group of websites sucks. When I was Camaro hunting last year, I found that most Chevy dealers have links on their listing for "window sticker" which isn't really the window sticker (Ford dealers show an actual copy of the Monronery sticker), but does list base MSRP, all options, the option MSRPs, destination, and transmission (although a handful of cars had the wrong transmission listed). Many of the Chevy dealers also use a standard web template for their car listings that include a clear and easy to read list of options. The Hendricks listing is terrible. It's just awful. It doesn't list MSRP for the options, doesn't delineate options from standard, and (IIRC) mixed and matched a few line items from included packages. At least they have the VIN and overall MSRP, though.

I went to Chevrolet.com, searched inventory with the zip code set the same as Hendricks Buford, set the search criteria to Corvette 2LT and then started looking down the list for MSRP and colors that matched the dealer web listing. Cross referenced the VIN and then looked at the details on Chevy's site.

I think Dan just saw the Z07 and Carbon packages listed on the dealer site and then used a little Google to pull top line details that he copied and pasted here.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #14
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
That Hendricks' group of websites sucks. When I was Camaro hunting last year, I found that most Chevy dealers have links on their listing for "window sticker" which isn't really the window sticker (Ford dealers show an actual copy of the Monronery sticker), but does list base MSRP, all options, the option MSRPs, destination, and transmission (although a handful of cars had the wrong transmission listed). Many of the Chevy dealers also use a standard web template for their car listings that include a clear and easy to read list of options. The Hendricks listing is terrible. It's just awful. It doesn't list MSRP for the options, doesn't delineate options from standard, and (IIRC) mixed and matched a few line items from included packages. At least they have the VIN and overall MSRP, though.

I went to Chevrolet.com, searched inventory with the zip code set the same as Hendricks Buford, set the search criteria to Corvette 2LT and then started looking down the list for MSRP and colors that matched the dealer web listing. Cross referenced the VIN and then looked at the details on Chevy's site.

I think Dan just saw the Z07 and Carbon packages listed on the dealer site and then used a little Google to pull top line details that he copied and pasted here.
Thanks for this tip!

through last year my local GM/GMC/Buick/Cadillac dealer where I bought my pickup truck listed window stickers, now the window stickers are gone. Not sure when they went away. Ford's site is good, the "myford" site is even better. Dodge is somewhere inbetween