Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Going Faster

Old 07-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Re: Koni's rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde
Suspension mods for the ZHP... there's no reason that you couldn't find a used set of Konis and a used front bar that you could resell for close to your purchase price when the next car comes along.
I agree... But to be clear, my point wasn't to try to convince people to mod their car when they're not interested. If you're happy stock, definitely stay there.

What am I advocating is the "if you're going to do it, do it right" strategy. I think I'm with Andy on this one. While you definitely don't want modding your car to get in the way of learning, if you're going to mod it, I say do it right and get it out of the way from the beginning. It puts the whole "should I mod the car" issue to rest and you can focus on driving.

Doing one mod at a time over the course of a season is the worst option. You're frustrated the whole time and always focusing on the wrong thing (what does my car need next? Should I do it now or wait longer? etc...)
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote