carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 01-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #131
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
dunno how long it'll keep you happy, though.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #132
Optimus Prime
Carmudgeon

Carmudgeonly Ride: Golf TDi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Let me give you guys some facts on the next JCW. I don't know much about the specs yet, but I do know that it will be sold as a separate model, not just an option package. What does this mean? I don't know just yet, but it seems interesting that they will sell it as a separate model versus just an option package that you have to check off when ordering the car.

A few possibilities? (and these are total guesses)
-maybe it will be a two seater, a la '06 JCW GP?
-maybe it will have a series of unique styling cues exclusive to the JCW model?
-maybe it will have limited/unique color and trim offerings?

I keep hearing from my contacts that MINI is trying to make JCW a bit more exclusive and by making separate models vs. option packages, they want to do similar to what BMW did with their M models.

It is due to start production this summer so specs should be out very soon... I'll keep you all updated.
Would this mean you couldn't get the JCW package that is available now? I'm keeping an eye on this thread as the MCS similar to what Plaz has ordered is a serious contender.

We have about a year before the 330 lease is up. Do the Mini's lease nearly as well as the 3-series? Also, does Mini use BMW FS (or whatever the hell their bank is called) Would we get the same treatment getting a Mini as we would re-upping with another BMW at lease end?
Old 02-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #133
SARAFIL
I like BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 M50 / M550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Would this mean you couldn't get the JCW package that is available now? I'm keeping an eye on this thread as the MCS similar to what Plaz has ordered is a serious contender.
The current kit is dealer installed and bumps power to 192hp. Insiders call it "stage 1" but that is not the offical name... it is the "John Cooper Works Tuning Kit". Retails for about $2100 plus 2 hours of install, and gives you new exhaust, intake, and software.

There is a factory JCW model coming out this summer that is dubbed "Stage 2" and will have many other enhancements other than just the engine/exhaust tuning. It should have around 210hp.

Quote:
We have about a year before the 330 lease is up. Do the Mini's lease nearly as well as the 3-series? Also, does Mini use BMW FS (or whatever the hell their bank is called) Would we get the same treatment getting a Mini as we would re-upping with another BMW at lease end?
yes, they use BMWFS and yes you get the same prefered treatment... no security deposit & waived disposition fee. Lease rates are not that bad, the residual is strong but the lease rate is a little on the high side (but since it is a "standard" rate and not a subvented rate, it has come down a bit with the recent rate cuts... it is about 0.00025 lower than it was a few months ago).