Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Keepin' it local

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #11
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
The comparison I've made in the past is that it's like baseball. You might play for 3 hours and only get 3 at bats. It's not about playing time. It's about there being a winner, and a loser... and the tension and adrenaline that this creates when you're up at the plate.

Baseball is fun, but not in the same way that soccer is... or cycling... etc.
Eh, I'm with equ - I started to do only test and tune days because I got to do run after run and work on the things that mattered to me; when they stopped doing test and tunes because of poor attendance (which was great for the attendees, but not worth it for the organizers), I stopped going.

Regular autox days had way too many entrants on lots that were way too rough. It got to the point where you could fall asleep waiting your turn. I hated it; getting up at 6 am on a saturday or sunday lost its appeal quickly. I met some nice people and some absolute assholes, but I never really got the auto x culture thing. My first run or two was always my best, then I'd go downhill out of sheer boredom.
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote