carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Off Topic Forums > Biker's Detour

Old 08-05-2005, 02:07 AM   #1
Roadstergal
Butting in.

Leather for women - Dainese Yoyo

Since I dug the track and will be doing as many days as I can afford, I wanted a better-fitting set of leathers, and after looking into it more, I decided I wanted a one-piece. Well, there is only one currently-made noncustom women's one-piece, the Dainese Yoyo. It sure as heck isn't cheap. But after trying it on, I went ahead with it anyway. It's very well made, from materials to stitching to zippers to velcro, etc. It fits like a glove, which means a boogie-wiggle in and a boogie-wiggle out. Shoulder, forearm, knee and shin armor. Speed hump and knee pucks for when I get better. The legs and arms were too long when I was just standing, but once I sat on the 749 Dark they had sitting in the showroom (hey, my birthday's coming up!), it fit perfectly. It's made for riding.

The one thing that bugs me is that with the shin armor in, I can't get my SMX-3 fastened, and with the armor out, I'm ditching the nice knee protection as well as the shin armor.

I also picked up a Wave back protector. Another thing I didn't expect to find in my size, but it fits well, not too long like most protectors. Shoulder straps and a kidney belt on that one. It gives me a bit of a Hunchback of Notre Dame look along with the hump.

Stiffer than bejeezus at first, but it's starting to break in. And when it's 90+ outside, it's pretty hot unless you hang off at a good rate of speed.

Again, it's pricey, but if you want something that's well-made and fits, there you are.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #2
Optimus Prime
Carmudgeon

Carmudgeonly Ride: Golf TDi

but dear god, if you get a Duc for the track make sure you do the mod (I forget what it is at this point, other things on my mind) to keep it from puking oil all over the track. I've heard that most track dogs really get nervous when a Duc comes around because just as often as not, there's gonna be a serious oil mess on the track.

That being said, there's not a sexier exhaust note than a Duc at fulll boogie woogie.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #3
dredmo
Chillaxin'

Carmudgeonly Ride: '05 C50, '04 F-150
That's really awesome.

It looks smokin' hot, it is safe, and comfy. What more could you ask for?

I am thinking about getting these....

dredmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M
Sweet. Nice leathers.

The way the leathers are bulging in that photo kinda makes you look like you have a package, though.

Dred, I think they have all sorts of variations of those in some interesting shops down in Greenwich Village, here in NYC.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #5
dan
redefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz
The way the leathers are bulging in that photo kinda makes you look like you have a package, though.

Old 08-05-2005, 11:14 AM   #6
gek330i
Kludge it!

Carmudgeonly Ride: 330i/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoboy

Old 08-05-2005, 11:53 AM   #7
Melissa
Carmudgeon

Carmudgeonly Ride: '07 530xiT
I can't see the pic you posted, so I googled it. If it's the same one, it's hot!!

http://www.romanellimoto.com/commy/p...ODOTTO_ID=3799

Dainese suits are top notch (and very sexxxy!)....my husband likes his way more than he ever liked his Vanson leathers which fit him like a glove. The Dainese suit was really "form-fitting" at first (and not necessarily in a good way) but once he did some squats and lunges around the house as well as a few short rides, they fit well and comfortably. I do remember that his biggest complaint was in the calf area. He has large calves and it was a real bitch zipping them up around his calves until they were worn in a little.

Overall, we feel that they hold up better in looks as well as durability when tested on the track. *cough*

I think you made a wise choice...definitely worth the money!

As soon as I posted this, your pic showed up. NICE! Now you just need that matching Duc!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
Roadstergal
Butting in.

I'm not planning on a Duc for the near future... the SV is more of a bike than I am a rider for now. If I upgrade in the next few years... well, the word is that the GSXR 600 and 750 will get the same makeover in another year or two that the 1000 got this year, so I might trade up for one of those. The 749 Dark is beautiful, though, and I have to say it's tempting.

Ja, the belly and crotch are going to need some breaking in. They sit on me in an oddly stiff manner right now, hence the package effect.

Just make sure you get chaps with buttcheeks included, dred - buttcheeks stick out, and Ellen at Ride West has a nice story of going on a ride with a friend who was weaing assless chaps over jeans. He crashed and slid on his back, and she said you could see the progression on the tarmac - frayed bluejean on the road, then his ass on the road. He now has a flat scar where a buttcheek used to be...
Old 08-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #9
Optimus Prime
Carmudgeon

Carmudgeonly Ride: Golf TDi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gek330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoboy

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #10
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadstergal
Just make sure you get chaps with buttcheeks included, dred - buttcheeks stick out, and Ellen at Ride West has a nice story of going on a ride with a friend who was weaing assless chaps over jeans. He crashed and slid on his back, and she said you could see the progression on the tarmac - frayed bluejean on the road, then his ass on the road. He now has a flat scar where a buttcheek used to be...
Well, that rules out the Greenwich Village shops...