carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 10-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #31
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
I saw a Phoenix yellow or whatever they've named it M3 this afternoon. It was great looking too. I might prefer that over Sakhir
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:32 PM   #32
Alan
Carmudgeon

I am soooo considering going and ordering a new M4 so I can totally relate to part of this question, for me it was extended leather or full leather ... I have full leather in my R8 and honestly the dashboard and whatever else is include I really don’t notice anymore, we had the full leather in our GL450 and after a little time I didn’t notice it.

My vote is go for extended leather ... as far as the competition package I haven’t even considered it, this car is soooo bad ass unless I was to track the car and know what the f**k i’m doing an amateur like me would never notice the difference,
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:47 AM   #33
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
From a resale standpoint if you're getting a moonroof I'd get leather.

If I were buying, it'd be CF roof and cloth seats. I really like the look of that cloth and I prefer them for a daily driver. And moonroofs are not my thing.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:45 AM   #34
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
From a resale standpoint if you're getting a moonroof I'd get leather.

If I were buying, it'd be CF roof and cloth seats. I really like the look of that cloth and I prefer them for a daily driver. And moonroofs are not my thing.
I agree with moonroof+leather. My wife likes the cloth but thinks leather is best for kids but full leather isn't worth it. Unlike the LR4, which we still plan on keeping forever, I see this M3 as a 4-6 year ownership thing, so resale will play a role -particularly when it will be a well-cared-for, low mileage example. I don't want to sell a unicorn.

I wish I didn't care about the moonroof, but I really like the light, cooling, and venting.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #35
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
I think the CF roof purists are going to want the coupe anyway. Since you’re buying the sedan, might as well have the moonroof you want. (And I agree with you about how essential they are—but, then, I drive a convertible.)
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #36
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Early congrats on the M3!! That color is beautiful. +1 for the moonroof and extended leather.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:51 AM   #37
dan
redefined

Absolutely would go YMarina Blue
Old 10-24-2017, 09:05 AM   #38
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
... as far as the competition package I haven’t even considered it, this car is soooo bad ass unless I was to track the car and know what the f**k i’m doing an amateur like me would never notice the difference,
The ZCP doesn't really make it faster not would I care about extra speed. The big deal is that it has better traction, response, exhaust and of course, ///M-striped seatbelts.

It has unanimously been said that that is how the M3/4 should have been form the beginning.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #39
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
As a happy LSB owner, Yas would be my top choice. Second would be whatever BMW calls its sparkly dark navy these days. Azurite, tanzanite?

Congrats on the decision. If it were me, this time around, I'd do CF roof and cloth seats. I say this as the sunroof shade of my e46 came off track and will have to be fixed a second time.

One thing though - not sure if they have updated - but when the f80 first came out, there were no roof rack screw holes for the CF roof, even with the little flaps in place. You needed to have moonroof to put a rack on (you might not need it with the LR4, but it's a consideration for me).

I would not pair a CF roof with leather. For the leather/moonroof, I'd pair YMB with black or gray, I'm not sure. For the darker sparklier navy, I'd get the silver leather.

When I have a few free minutes, I'm going to spec one out for you (me!) - as I could be a buyer in four years from now.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #40
Alan
Carmudgeon

Was at the dealer this morning taking in the 340 for service and saw this and immediately thought of this thread. That orange is really cool !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Alan; 10-24-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote