carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
AF
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,916
I've got a bit of a struggle ...

Like the title says I've got a bit of a struggle here ... I seem to be obsessed with this car ... I am going to see it in person which I don't normally do unless I really want the car. I don't want to get rid of my 911 which has only 12k miles on it and I don't want to get rid of the R8 which has 15k miles on it ...

There is no way I can have another car for myself it is just not right and my driveway is currently packed (we have 7 cars now and that isn't including the RX8 which BTW I am not keeping).

These cars depreciate like rocks which makes it a bargain being used and just look at it

Argghh ... why did I actually look up these cars online I've got to sit in it and see if I am comfortable and I have to take it for a quick spin ... maybe I'll hate it

Here is the link for the ad:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5590/overview/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a3acd152ff46acf1b77ed23781.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	11383  Click image for larger version

Name:	be9f6ac46bb1ff84424d1a613d5.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	11384  
AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
clyde
Chief title editor
 
clyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 22,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Like the title says I've got a bit of a struggle here ... I seem to be obsessed with this car ... I am going to see it in person which I don't normally do unless I really want the car. I don't want to get rid of my 911 which has only 12k miles on it and I don't want to get rid of the R8 which has 15k miles on it ...

There is no way I can have another car for myself it is just not right and my driveway is currently packed (we have 7 cars now and that isn't including the RX8 which BTW I am not keeping).

These cars depreciate like rocks which makes it a bargain being used and just look at it

Argghh ... why did I actually look up these cars online I've got to sit in it and see if I am comfortable and I have to take it for a quick spin ... maybe I'll hate it

Here is the link for the ad:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5590/overview/
Dude, it's white. Can't you wait for a real color?
__________________
OH NOES!!!!!1 MY CAR HAS T3H UND3R5T33R5555!!!!!!1oneone!!!!11

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
JST
195
 
JST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,349
That's what wraps are for.

I'd ditch the R8 for one of these in a heartbeat.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
AF
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Dude, it's white. Can't you wait for a real color?
Clyde you know me ... I only like cars that are Black or White ... I also like bright red but that's about it.

Currently we have 6 black cars and 1 white one.
AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #5
Josh (PA)
Hello.
 
Josh (PA)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Carmudgeonly Ride: '03 325xiT, '11 135i C, '13 X5 n55
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 2,682
FWIW, my son got to sit at one last year and loved it. I think they're cool, but not sure I'd take one over an R8. If you can swap the R8 and/or the 911 for it without too much of a financial hit, I'd say do it. You love cars. Part of the fun of cars, is trading them in for something different and gaining the experience.

Car rag reviews suggest they're very livable.

I just showed my son a picture of this car and your R8. He said the McLaren is much cooler, but you should really get it in orange.
__________________
Josh (PA) -
'11 135i convertible
'13 X5 n55
'03 325 wagon
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:57 PM   #6
AF
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post

I just showed my son a picture of this car and your R8. He said the McLaren is much cooler, but you should really get it in orange.
I love this kid and I never met him ...he has good taste though I cannot go that extreme with an orange color ... tell him people would laugh at an old man like me getting an orange car
AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:50 AM   #7
Josh (PA)
Hello.
 
Josh (PA)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Carmudgeonly Ride: '03 325xiT, '11 135i C, '13 X5 n55
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 2,682
Clyde, you and he may be kindred spirits. He also loves Camaros... as long as they have racing stripes.
__________________
Josh (PA) -
'11 135i convertible
'13 X5 n55
'03 325 wagon
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #8
clyde
Chief title editor
 
clyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 22,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Clyde, you and he may be kindred spirits. He also loves Camaros... as long as they have racing stripes.
Caps fan, too?

__________________
OH NOES!!!!!1 MY CAR HAS T3H UND3R5T33R5555!!!!!!1oneone!!!!11

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #9
clyde
Chief title editor
 
clyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 22,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Clyde you know me ... I only like cars that are Black or White ... I also like bright red but that's about it.

Currently we have 6 black cars and 1 white one.
The only "right" color for this car is orange.

There's a guy John V knows (I kinda know him, but not really) that bought one in early 2016 (I think) and did One Lap in it and has tracked it a bunch. I think he likes it, but it does not seem to be what you might call, um, trouble free.

https://www.facebook.com/OneLapMcLaren/
__________________
OH NOES!!!!!1 MY CAR HAS T3H UND3R5T33R5555!!!!!!1oneone!!!!11

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #10
AF
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
The only "right" color for this car is orange.

There's a guy John V knows (I kinda know him, but not really) that bought one in early 2016 (I think) and did One Lap in it and has tracked it a bunch. I think he likes it, but it does not seem to be what you might call, um, trouble free.

https://www.facebook.com/OneLapMcLaren/
Thanks for the link I am gonna check it out ... the thing for me is I don't encounter a lot of problems with my cars being I only put on annually about 10k miles year and when you divide that between the 3 cars with the main car (my Awd sedan) getting about 6k of those miles these cars get driven but hopefully not enough to get into the issues people who daily drive them get but you never know

As far as Orange... that is not a color for me, neither is green, yellow and pretty much any other color other than black, white or red ... I like some blues too but that is about it.
AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC