carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > The Marketplace

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #41
rumatt
Mugwump
 
rumatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Location: NY
Posts: 17,247
Crickets for months and now you have a waiting list 7 deep? What the heck. Is this because of the BMWCCA ad came out?
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #42
equ
Alphanumeric
 
equ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 535i, macanurbo
Posts: 8,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
Crickets for months and now you have a waiting list 7 deep? What the heck. Is this because of the BMWCCA ad came out?
No the bmwcca print is still to come... The responders are mostly from cars.com, but car was there for over a month at the same price. Anyway, I don't have to deal with all of that.

In the end I sold a bunch of the accessories separately, so I'm not bummed that the car only got $15k, it wasn't perfect but it's a great deal to the guy who is buying it and will appreciate it.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #43
clyde
Chief title editor
 
clyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 23,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
No the bmwcca print is still to come...
Uh oh.. Good luck with the [telling them its sold?]!
__________________
OH NOES!!!!!1 MY CAR HAS T3H UND3R5T33R5555!!!!!!1oneone!!!!11

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:14 AM   #44
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '17 M240i
Posts: 7,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
No the bmwcca print is still to come... The responders are mostly from cars.com, but car was there for over a month at the same price. Anyway, I don't have to deal with all of that.

In the end I sold a bunch of the accessories separately, so I'm not bummed that the car only got $15k, it wasn't perfect but it's a great deal to the guy who is buying it and will appreciate it.
Well, nice to have resolution. And not worry about keeping the car in tip-top shape for a buyer.

On another note, how does the 340 work for your big dog?
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #45
equ
Alphanumeric
 
equ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 535i, macanurbo
Posts: 8,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Well, nice to have resolution. And not worry about keeping the car in tip-top shape for a buyer.

On another note, how does the 340 work for your big dog?
She hasn't been in it yet. I did locate and buy an OEM seat and door cover for the 340 but haven't used it yet. I'm usually not the one driving the dog around.

The GTI's back seat is basically animal quarters and shows it. Even with a seat cover, she sheds a ton and regularly comes back from sandy beaches and muddy hikes. A good life for a dog! When I replaced taillight bulbs, her hair came out from behind plastic inner covers of the trunk! Pretty soon the light housing are going to appear filled with tufted down.

Yes, I'm happy to have sold the 535i. One less thing to store and maintain.. I think it was coming due for front LCA (disclosed). Sooner than the e39 that made it to 96k before that job.

I'm tempted to sell off further; even as I have the space to store. The gridlock location we are in, my work and having Ida means that I'm doing far fewer miles on the sports cars and motorcycles. The boxster is down to averaging about 3,000 miles/year. The two motorcycles are each getting only about 1,000, though highly useful city miles. I'd always need at least one motorcycle (more important than the sports car to me) and the R1200R would be it. The Ducati Multistrada (up for timing belts due to age) may be next. I advertised it briefly last year and shied away when I found one true buyer; but I might go through with it this year.

Perhaps even the Boxster? . Had a great trip to Maine with the it, but 3k/year is too few. I'm on pace to put about 6k/year on the 340 for now. It's under warranty for the next year and a half as well as still semi-novel feeling to me, so it would make sense to keep it and do 9k/year instead of keep two cars. First time, I've entertained the thought of selling after 3+ years.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #46
rumatt
Mugwump
 
rumatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Location: NY
Posts: 17,247
Could you handle being down to just a sedan and a motorcycle?

You don't get joy from owning it even if it's driven 3k/year?
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #47
equ
Alphanumeric
 
equ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 535i, macanurbo
Posts: 8,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
Could you handle being down to just a sedan and a motorcycle?

You don't get joy from owning it even if it's driven 3k/year?
That's pretty much it. When I notice that both the ducati and the boxster are coming up on service intervals on age but not mileage, I feel like the universe is trying to tell me something.

I do NEED a sports sedan and a motorcycle. Anything beyond is whimsy. A second bike and a second sports car seem a bit excessive, given that I don't drive or ride anything motorized most days of the week. One could make the argument either way, that 3k/year makes it worth it in the boxster vs. not.

Or perhaps the novelty has worn off and I want a different sports car with all that 911 talk. Neither the 996 nor the 997.2 were that successful for me. Then again, I've changed and am not sure how much I'm looking for in utmost sporty handling feel as I used to. Of course, a 911 would sit just as much and that would be even more of a pity at its higher price point.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:40 PM   #48
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '17 M240i
Posts: 7,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
She hasn't been in it yet. I did locate and buy an OEM seat and door cover for the 340 but haven't used it yet. I'm usually not the one driving the dog around.

The GTI's back seat is basically animal quarters and shows it. Even with a seat cover, she sheds a ton and regularly comes back from sandy beaches and muddy hikes. A good life for a dog! When I replaced taillight bulbs, her hair came out from behind plastic inner covers of the trunk! Pretty soon the light housing are going to appear filled with tufted down.

Yes, I'm happy to have sold the 535i. One less thing to store and maintain.. I think it was coming due for front LCA (disclosed). Sooner than the e39 that made it to 96k before that job.

I'm tempted to sell off further; even as I have the space to store. The gridlock location we are in, my work and having Ida means that I'm doing far fewer miles on the sports cars and motorcycles. The boxster is down to averaging about 3,000 miles/year. The two motorcycles are each getting only about 1,000, though highly useful city miles. I'd always need at least one motorcycle (more important than the sports car to me) and the R1200R would be it. The Ducati Multistrada (up for timing belts due to age) may be next. I advertised it briefly last year and shied away when I found one true buyer; but I might go through with it this year.

Perhaps even the Boxster? . Had a great trip to Maine with the it, but 3k/year is too few. I'm on pace to put about 6k/year on the 340 for now. It's under warranty for the next year and a half as well as still semi-novel feeling to me, so it would make sense to keep it and do 9k/year instead of keep two cars. First time, I've entertained the thought of selling after 3+ years.
Aw. You gotta keep the Boxster. Itís now a classic, given the 718. And without it in the mix, you will grow less patient with the 3 series. I only have 9500 on the 2, and thatís from February 2017. Just put a chunk of it on driving to pick my kid up from camp in North Carolina.
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E28 535i, manual, for sale in NY JST Car Talk 3 03-09-2005 10:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums © 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC