carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 05-29-2020, 03:19 PM   #21
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Just saw that the outgoing E-wagon starts at 66k. Damn that's a lot of money. This All-Terrain will probably start at $70k. We're out.

You can buy far more interesting things for that kind of money.

But the marketplace is definitely missing an all-electric wagon or at least a low-profile cross-over. I'd take an electric Golf wagon, for instance. This is why I like the GLC PHEV and similar vehicles. That's the best option so far. Still too much money for our use case.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:47 PM   #22
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Just saw that the outgoing E-wagon starts at 66k. Damn that's a lot of money. This All-Terrain will probably start at $70k. We're out.

You can buy far more interesting things for that kind of money.

But the marketplace is definitely missing an all-electric wagon or at least a low-profile cross-over. I'd take an electric Golf wagon, for instance. This is why I like the GLC PHEV and similar vehicles. That's the best option so far. Still too much money for our use case.
For a while you could get about 20k off on some cars on dealer lots- so that made it kind of interestng especially when combined with a good lease program. Not sure if thats still the case though.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote