carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 07-12-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
SCA
Jaded

Yesterdays Loaner...

So my Sales Rep offered up his E90 330i, 6 spd., SP, & PP. This is the same car I drove when the E90 came out and at the time it had approx. 175 miles on it. I fell in love with the car @ the time because it was such an improvement over my E46 330Ci. Well, the car (E90) currently has 2300 miles on it and I walked anyway unimpressed. The shifter is now fairly sloppy and the engine appears have lost it's zing/pop. It was flat...Zzzzzzz....... The drivers seat had a squeak which my E46 had and it drove me nuts. The Service Engine Soon light was on and when my service writer called I mentioned it. They knew about it as they had to rob a part off of it for a customers car. Apparently it is taking up to 3 weeks to get parts for the E90. So, that is my brief take. I'd take one if someone gave me one, but I am in no hurry to run out and purchase one.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
You really think the car changed that much from the first test drive to the second? Not just the being a different test drive, on a different day, in a different mood, with different expectations, with different ............
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
Roadstergal
Butting in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt
Not just the being a different test drive, on a different day, in a different mood, with different expectations, with different ............
...engine parts missing...