carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > The Marketplace

Old 06-19-2017, 02:20 PM   #21
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
I've trailered stock cars all over the place. If nothing else, it's great for having a comfy place stocked with dry clothes and food.
Yeah. I know some people don't like towing, but to me it's far preferable than trying to drive the competition vehicle to out of state events.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #22
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Yeah. I know some people don't like towing, but to me it's far preferable than trying to drive the competition vehicle to out of state events.
I don't like towing, but after this weekend in Massachusetts with my wife and a completely full FR-S with tires, tools, autox stuff, etc, maybe I understand. I just would hate being "that guy" towing a stock street car. Also, no space for toys like trucks and trailers living in the city. Her horse trailer is already stashed somewhere too far away.
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #23
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
You have a car with a proven history of breaking while on the trailer.

Going back to driving the competition car to/from travel events has had me thinking... There are strong pros and cons to both sides when driving the competition car is a reasonable option. Stock, stockish, or heavily modified, there is a peace of mind that comes with not having to worry about how you'll get your shit home if you break the car at the event.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #24
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
One thing I really like is finishing up a day at the event site, locking the car, hopping in the truck and leaving. No changing tires, no removing stickers only to have to put them back on, no worrying about hitting some piece of road debris that ends my weekend.

Then again, trailering can be a hassle, and it's more expensive, and it's slower...

It's a moot point for me, I can't really see myself going back to a street-legal vehicle.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote