carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 01-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #291
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Steve Wozniak says he doesn’t trust Elon Musk or Tesla anymore
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/st...?mod=smartnews
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #292
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I received the email from Tesla saying I could configure now. Weird thing is I’ve already had access to the configuration for about 3 weeks...

Still holding off on ordering until other interior choices and dual motor is avail...
Old 03-02-2018, 02:49 PM   #293
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Was following the 3 off the freeway and it is vary awkward looking to me from behind. Picture does not capture it that well. Side and front profile is so so for me.

There are now a couple in my neighborhood so it seems like production has ramped up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180301_142843.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	11664  
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #294
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Yep. They're ugly. I think the worst view is head on.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #295
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Yep. They're ugly. I think the worst view is head on.
Agreed
Old 03-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #296
TD
Founder emeritus

Again, I am wondering if the PxxD Version that will inevitably come will be a better looking car and if running changes over the next year or two may improve the interior. But, again, as it is, it’s a non-starter.
TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:02 PM   #297
robg
Carmudgeon

Tesla Model ≡ Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Again, I am wondering if the PxxD Version that will inevitably come will be a better looking car and if running changes over the next year or two may improve the interior. But, again, as it is, it’s a non-starter.

Maybe. But the basic proportions aren’t going to change and I doubt they’ll ever add a gauge cluster. Bigger wheels and lower ride height on “P” version will look a little better I’m sure.

I’ve now seen a few in person. I’m neither repulsed or attracted. Just meh. There is something refreshingly zen and minimalist about the interior but I’d likely get irritated with having to do everything on the touch screen.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:48 PM   #298
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Maybe. But the basic proportions aren’t going to change and I doubt they’ll ever add a gauge cluster. Bigger wheels and lower ride height on “P” version will look a little better I’m sure.

I’ve now seen a few in person. I’m neither repulsed or attracted. Just meh. There is something refreshingly zen and minimalist about the interior but I’d likely get irritated with having to do everything on the touch screen.
Maybe, on touch screen. I do think they could have added a button for the glove compartment.

But really I've gotten used to the touch screen on the Model S, and it's fine. The combination of the touch screen and steering wheel scroll wheels is at least as intuitive as the many-button + touch screen approach that my VW uses.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #299
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Maybe, on touch screen. I do think they could have added a button for the glove compartment.

But really I've gotten used to the touch screen on the Model S, and it's fine. The combination of the touch screen and steering wheel scroll wheels is at least as intuitive as the many-button + touch screen approach that my VW uses.

Right but your S still has a dedicated stalk for cruise control, and a cluster. Think they went a bit overboard by just having 2 steering wheel scroll wheels.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #300
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Right but your S still has a dedicated stalk for cruise control, and a cluster. Think they went a bit overboard by just having 2 steering wheel scroll wheels.
yeah that matches the complaints in the reviews of the model 3 I have read
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote