carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #22
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

(Hey everybody! Been kinda busy, turns out that being a surgery resident is hard work...)

The latest project: cooling system refresh. Replacement parts include:
-Radiator
-Radiator hoses
-Water pump
-Water pump pulley
-Thermostat (replaced just before I bought the car, but while I'm in there...)
-Cooling fan switch
-Fan clutch and fan
-Expansion tank and associated lines

Of course, I've been hit with a case of ///Mission creep along the way. I was hoping to have it all buttoned up tonight but I noticed that my idler and tensioner pulleys are pretty loose. Unlike my truck (which, incidentally, needs those items replaced as well), it's a real PITA to get to those parts. Rather than get the car back on ramps, take down the intake (which requires removing the headlight module cover), the fan shroud, the underbelly tray, etc., I just ordered new parts and I guess the car will sit until they arrive. I guess I can at least pour the coolant back in the car. I could also just put in the belts and fan, and leave the shrouds off until next weekend.

Gotta say, it's tough to finish even simple projects like this when I often have less than an hour of free time before I need to get some sleep during the week. Oh, well...it'll be that much sweeter when I'm done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	+wQHdRSTQ%u2BASurAj9UA.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	11645  
blee is offline   Reply With Quote