carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 05-15-2024, 10:13 PM   #6151
SCA
Jaded

992.1 production ends in July and the last round of allocations were distributed on May 1st. Allegedly 992.2 allocations are being distributed now, but dealers are unaware as to which model it is. Edit: It is more than likely the GTS that is going to be revealed on May 28th at 9a EST.

The overall expense for the heritage package prohibits many individuals from selecting it and believe it or not there are a good bit of individuals that do not care for it too.

Last edited by SCA; 05-15-2024 at 10:27 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:37 PM   #6152
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
992.1 production ends in July and the last round of allocations were distributed on May 1st. Allegedly 992.2 allocations are being distributed now, but dealers are unaware as to which model it is. Edit: It is more than likely the GTS that is going to be revealed on May 28th at 9a EST.

The overall expense for the heritage package prohibits many individuals from selecting it and believe it or not there are a good bit of individuals that do not care for it too.
I bet the new 992.2 GTS will be amazing — but I stand by what I have always said. I owned a Turbo S. Which is also amazing. But it’s so boring.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #6153
SCA
Jaded

Obviously we have to take this with a grain of salt, but I am being told the same thing locally via my dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0898.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	647.9 KB
ID:	17230  
Old Today, 04:44 PM   #6154
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Obviously we have to take this with a grain of salt, but I am being told the same thing locally via my dealer.
It will be interesting if the T replaces the 'base' as the entry level - analog option. Wonder if they'll do a convertible version as well?
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:09 PM   #6155
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
It will be interesting if the T replaces the 'base' as the entry level - analog option. Wonder if they'll do a convertible version as well?

I am going to poo poo the idea of a convertible T as it simply does not follow the ethos of a T, aka lightweight.

The following is copied & pasted from RL:

If you watched the video, Porsche has the “Road to 20” program to reach 20% profit margin. Blume is on record saying that they can, *and will*, increase prices as a component of that program.

Start at 0:54 - https://youtu.be/aRgtWgQjWR4?si=H0DAYTVwvJuyQk98

The rumors floating around suggest that the 992.2 base C2 very well could have an MSRP of $130k.

Last edited by SCA; Today at 05:49 PM.
Old Today, 07:25 PM   #6156
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Yup that's still my prediction as well. My guess is that they will simply delete the 48v mild hybrid system (since it sounds like that will be packaged with the PDK transmission) with the T manual. In other words, the powertrain will be nearly identical to the 992.1T, maybe with a few more horsepower just for marketing. The opportunity to charge more for less by continuing to offer a T manual will just be too tempting for them to pass up on as they strive for their 20% margins...
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:28 PM   #6157
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yup that's still my prediction as well. My guess is that they will simply delete the 48v mild hybrid system (since it sounds like that will be packaged with the PDK transmission) with the T manual. In other words, the powertrain will be nearly identical to the 992.1T, maybe with a few more horsepower just for marketing.
Amazing. Not surprising, but on the upside —still manuals available. The downside —final migration of S/GTS to PDK only. Just like the Turbo/Turbo S have been for awhile now.

Really curious now about the rumor about a manual Turbo (non S) model.

Old Today, 07:32 PM   #6158
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Amazing. Not surprising, but on the upside —still manuals available. The downside —final migration of S/GTS to PDK only. Just like the Turbo/Turbo S have been for awhile now.

Really curious now about the rumor about a manual Turbo (non S) model.
Yeah I did see that rumor as well. Porsche does have a habit of first doing a special model to test out a new idea (Sport classic in this case) followed by a more mainstream version. So there is some precedent. But since the new Turbo models seem to be built around a hybrid concept, it seems a bit more far fetched. Then again, I suppose they could just drop the hybrid system as well... the sport classic did have less power than the regular Turbo. I dunno- i'm less convinced on this rumor.
Old Today, 07:48 PM   #6159
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yeah I did see that rumor as well. Porsche does have a habit of first doing a special model to test out a new idea (Sport classic in this case) followed by a more mainstream version. So there is some precedent. But since the new Turbo models seem to be built around a hybrid concept, it seems a bit more far fetched. Then again, I suppose they could just drop the hybrid system as well... the sport classic did have less power than the regular Turbo. I dunno- i'm less convinced on this rumor.
The only thing I have heard, which is not confirmed at all, is that Porsche will do more limited runs of manuals. Which doesn’t count against the CAFE thing.

So maybe unobtainium ultimately but not also announced. They will likely be surprises.

Old Today, 08:03 PM   #6160
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
The only thing I have heard, which is not confirmed at all, is that Porsche will do more limited runs of manuals. Which doesn’t count against the CAFE thing.

So maybe unobtainium ultimately but not also announced. They will likely be surprises.

Oh interesting. I do think they’ve realized that special models print money so regardless of CAFE I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk