carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 05-01-2022, 09:14 PM   #791
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
I think I am coming around on the GTS interior. I know some think it is gimmicky, but I like it. I do hate that I can't just opt out of the fuzzy stuff, but the reality is that I did have it in my ZHP for 6 years on a daily driver used year round and other than the steering wheel, it help up great. This will be a seldom-driven car that I will baby, so it should be fine.

I do like all the stuff the package offers and it's exclusive to the model, so whatever. Also, to the extent that I am going for the sportier speck and likely Carmine Red, it will work well.

There is a dealer 30 minutes from work that allegedly has a GTS with that interior, so I am going to go check it out to be sure. In my search, over 50% of the GTS (and most Spyder & GT4) cars had the fuzz, so it's not some outlandish spec.

As for paint, my wife and kids really like the Carmine Red and I am coming around on the occasional blueish hue.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:48 PM   #792
dan
redefined

I was behind and alongside a carmine red cayman gts today and man, it just seemed so bland and muted. This car screams for a bright green/orange/yellow/blue
Old 05-01-2022, 10:36 PM   #793
JST

Carmine is really nice in person. I don’t think that’s a bad choice.

I do think it’s good to get a color that pops on this car, and all the black trim softens the bright color a little. But carmine is a great choice, and I think legitimately better than guards.

If you’re thinking GTS interior pack though, save the money and put it toward PTS. Get something really cool, like Peridot. Note that the configurator now shows all the PTS colors.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:44 PM   #794
SCA
Jaded

Recent Carmine GTS delivery: https://www.instagram.com/p/CdBdbKQL...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 11:09 PM   #795
JST

PDK is a tragedy but otherwise that’s a neat looking car.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 12:31 AM   #796
FC
Solving problems

Yes. I must say, the silver wheels really pop.

As far as Carmine, I saw a 911 the other day in Carmine. It’s a difficult argument to say a red car doesn’t pop. Now, is it a loud color? Perhaps not. But I don’t want a super loud color. That said, I’ve not ruled out Shark. Right now is Carmine, then Shark, and white as a safety choice.

PTS is simply too much money. 5k maybe, but not what they ask.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:37 AM   #797
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Carmine in that photo looks really nice. I wouldn't pick it, but it's a great color.

The red belts and PDK are not to my taste, but whatever.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:29 AM   #798
FC
Solving problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Carmine in that photo looks really nice. I wouldn't pick it, but it's a great color.

The red belts and PDK are not to my taste, but whatever.
The oddest thing, IMO, is that they appear to have forked money over to have the rear roll hoops painted silver. I'd have left them alone or painted them red, if anything. Maybe even gloss black.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:30 AM   #799
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Yeah they definitely have very different taste than I do. I really don't like the various gloss-black accents on that car. The silver roll hoops had me scratching my head as well.

Also, Sam got back to me again about GTS allocations. Doesn't sound promising for getting anything anytime soon. "We have yet to recieve any allocation for vehicles of any type. Porsche is in the process of restructuring thier allocation and manufacturing schedules due to supply side issues and having to make up for the loss of those 1,100 cars that are now a fish farm. Production has actually stopped on Macans and Taycans and we have not been notified when they will start up again. Its a little messy right now for Porsche. The SECOND I now anything I will let you know! Im assuming you are heading to Concord for the Pro? If so, I will see you there and we can talk."
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:32 AM   #800
SCA
Jaded

For those that did not scroll to read the specs:

Carmine Red over Black full leather interior roadster, with glorious 20” GTS wheels in bright silver. Performance spec brakes with calipers in Red fill out the wheels perfectly. Spec highlights on this roadster are LED matrix headlamps in black upfront, the GTS SportDesign package in high gloss black, door openers in high gloss black, and rear model designation in high gloss black as well. The standard exclusive design taillamps in clear look great, and the Porsche logotype in silver really pops on this spec. Porsche sport exhaust system with tailpipes in black are present out back. A notable highlight is the rollbar in bright silver, a distinctive and classic look on this spec that fare perfectly with the silver wheels. Interior highlights are all business: full leather in Black, bright aluminum throughout the cabin, sport chrono package, Porsche crests on the headrests and we added seat belts in Carmine Red for a splash of color. Mated with our 7-speed PDK transmission.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote