carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 05-08-2023, 07:17 AM   #121
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Think this picture highlights one of the weaker specs on both of these cars in my opinion:

I think the X5 LCI is fine but don’t like all of the black on bottom half of front bumper, looks especially weird here with the green paint and chrome grille. This weirdness goes away on a a darker color. I also personally love the look and contrast of white with the black accents but know I might be minority there.

The X7 needs M sport - enough said there.

Yep..not really sure why bmw incorporated that black part on the LCI but I think you’re right that it’s made worse with the color and chrome grille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 07:56 AM   #122
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yep..not really sure why bmw incorporated that black part on the LCI but I think you’re right that it’s made worse with the color and chrome grille

I shared the previously posted photo with a friend that is a Porsche tech whom is a former BMW Master tech. He stated, “why the hell did they do that?” “It looks like it has had its teeth knocked out!” He is correct, it does and now I cannot unsee it.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 10:36 AM   #123
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
I shared the previously posted photo with a friend that is a Porsche tech whom is a former BMW Master tech. He stated, “why the hell did they do that?” “It looks like it has had its teeth knocked out!” He is correct, it does and now I cannot unsee it.

He’s right! I can’t unsee it now either. Sadly, gratuitous uglification for the sake of standing out seems to be BMWs current design theme

robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 12:05 PM   #124
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
He’s right! I can’t unsee it now either. Sadly, gratuitous uglification for the sake of standing out seems to be BMWs current design theme

Agreed!

If I had FU money I would totally abandon BMW and fully jump on board at Porsche.

Edit: For multiple reasons, exterior/interior design included.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote