carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 11-21-2021, 04:37 PM   #4061
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
I liked this. Fortunately I got to drive them often when I worked for Acura. Just sold for $245k. Mind blown… https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ign=2021-11-21
Ugh, in that color? I never test drove one but I remember checking one out with reasonable miles for a sub-$50k price point. I need to find another planet to live on (just not Musk's).
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:26 PM   #4062
JST

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ang-gt-5-0-12/

To bring us back to the car that started the thread, here’s a GT in the delightful Reef Blue color that I had back in the day.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ang-gt-5-0-12/
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 11:13 PM   #4063
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Ugh, in that color? I never test drove one but I remember checking one out with reasonable miles for a sub-$50k price point. I need to find another planet to live on (just not Musk's).
I mean, it is not brown, silver, pink or purple so sure… Unfortunately the low mileage examples with a manual transmission are now out of sight. Whomever is purchasing them at these prices clearly has far more money than common sense.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:11 PM   #4064
SCA
Jaded

1600 Veloce bringing a ‘72 3.0 CS https://youtu.be/Vs2LqzEmb1s
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #4065
clyde
Chief title editor

!!!ATTENTION!!!

!!! ATTENTION !!!

I just saw something a friend posted on another board that would be PERFECT for some folks here. Details were skimpy, but the roadmap is there to make it what mudgeons might want:

Fantasy BaT

One day each week, # cars are selected and everyone picks a sale price. Winner determined by average % differential.
No prizes, but bragging rights would be insane!

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:36 PM   #4066
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
!!!ATTENTION!!!

!!! ATTENTION !!!

I just saw something a friend posted on another board that would be PERFECT for some folks here. Details were skimpy, but the roadmap is there to make it what mudgeons might want:

Fantasy BaT

One day each week, # cars are selected and everyone picks a sale price. Winner determined by average % differential.
I tried that not too long ago on one of the 911s, but got no follow up. I'd be in, but I'm afraid I might only be competing against myself (which I'd still be OK with).
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:37 PM   #4067
JST

Quote:
!!!ATTENTION!!!

!!! ATTENTION !!!

Fantasy BaT

LOL that's a good idea.

Price is Right rules?
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #4068
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
I tried that not too long ago on one of the 911s, but got no follow up. I'd be in, but I'm afraid I might only be competing against myself (which I'd still be OK with).
I'm not sure if I remember, but sounds kinda familiar? Or maybe I'm confusing with all the speculative posts when people run across and post things they find interesting?

I'm kind of wondering if a little more structure might help get it going in a more sustainable way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
LOL that's a good idea.

Price is Right rules?
I think the rules should be up to those that participate, maybe with the first round being a test/warm up?

Other questions to answer:
  1. Who selects the cars?
  2. How many?
  3. What cars are eligible (when auction posted/when auction ends?)?
  4. What day are selections made and posted?
  5. Deadline to post guesses?

To put my own suggested out there as a starting point:
  1. Rotate among players with the person posting selecting the next week's person
  2. Start with 5 (or 10) and see what happens
  3. Cars that listed since the previous week's selections and have at least 96 hours remaining
  4. Saturday (because that's what the other people use, but there could be a better day for us)
  5. 24 hours from the selections post

I'd be inclined to go with under or over vs Price is Right, but do not have strong feelings.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:17 AM   #4069
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
I put all my suggestions embedded in the below. Hope it isn't too confusing.

Quote:

I'm kind of wondering if a little more structure might help get it going in a more sustainable way.
JEC - Lets start a separate thread for it.

I think the rules should be up to those that participate, maybe with the first round being a test/warm up?

Other questions to answer:
  1. Who selects the cars? JEC - Previous week winner? You get first selection. It might be interesting to open it to PCARMarket and Cars and Bids to get some variety on pricing.
  2. How many? JEC - I'd say no more than 3 at a time, so it doesn't become too cumbersome to keep track of. Maybe start with 1 / week to get the flow of it and expand as we see fit?
  3. What cars are eligible (when auction posted/when auction ends?)? JEC- I'm not sure how BAT works, but it would be good if we could have a set cadence, like select a car on Mondayeven if the auction has started that ends on a Friday
  4. What day are selections made and posted? JEC - I'm a big proponent of votes in on Monday and auction ends friday. Tally scores over the weekend and reset for next monday.
  5. Deadline to post guesses? - JEC - end of day on posting day

JEC - rule closest to the pin (over/under)

To put my own suggested out there as a starting point:
  1. Rotate among players with the person posting selecting the next week's person
  2. Start with 5 (or 10) and see what happens
  3. Cars that listed since the previous week's selections and have at least 96 hours remaining
  4. Saturday (because that's what the other people use, but there could be a better day for us)
  5. 24 hours from the selections post

I'd be inclined to go with under or over vs Price is Right, but do not have strong feelings.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:03 PM   #4070
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I’m in under one condition: The first round must include this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...mond-roadster/