carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 05-20-2020, 06:51 PM   #841
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
I vote 991.2 with the turbo engine since you are going DCT
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:24 PM   #842
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Fun! Enjoy the hunt!
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:11 PM   #843
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yeah i definitely prefer the 991.2- the updated PCM and aesthetic improvements alone do it for me. Plus I'm used to turbo engines now. Good call on the Fidelity warranty- hadn't considered that angle. I'd like for this car to be as much of a daily driver as possible, and I think the low end torque of the turbo motor will help in that respect too.

I think heated seats were standard right? I would like keyless entry- forgot that's not standard. Also would like adaptive cruise control- although that's pretty hard to find. Since I'll likely be targeting base carreras, I'm guessing it will be hard to find more loaded versions. Most of what I've seen so far (in my admittedly brief searches) was that they tend to have 5-10k of options at most. I'm very much in the exploratory phase; doubt I'd actually purchase anything for another 5-6 months.
]

Heated seats are not standard (not many things are), which is why the Premium Package Plus option is important.
you've probably heard of the VIN Analyitics page, where you can enter a VIN # and get a build sheet, but the even better option is to install the VIN Analytics Chrome Extension (You get a little yellow VA button to the right of teh address bar). With that installed, you can just click it from any porsche for sale ad on any site and it will open a new tab with the build sheet. It really helps when browsing cars.com or something similar where the dealers have no clue what they are selling.

In all my looking from November to March, I don't think I saw a single car with adaptive cruise.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:52 AM   #844
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
]

Heated seats are not standard (not many things are), which is why the Premium Package Plus option is important.

you've probably heard of the VIN Analyitics page, where you can enter a VIN # and get a build sheet, but the even better option is to install the VIN Analytics Chrome Extension (You get a little yellow VA button to the right of teh address bar). With that installed, you can just click it from any porsche for sale ad on any site and it will open a new tab with the build sheet. It really helps when browsing cars.com or something similar where the dealers have no clue what they are selling.

In all my looking from November to March, I don't think I saw a single car with adaptive cruise.

Very cool- that’s a great tip. Have already seen what a mess most dealer listings are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:18 PM   #845
robg
Carmudgeon

If I were ready to buy, I think this would be the perfect car:
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/911-Carrera-167106

Just the right amount of options and I like the color (I'm boring and like 911s in grey and blue). The RS Spyder wheels give it a more special look than a typical base carrera and I'm always a sucker for any BBS style cross-spoke design. Price seems like it might a couple thousand high, but I bet they'd take a lower offer given current condtions.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #846
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
If I were ready to buy, I think this would be the perfect car:
https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/911-Carrera-167106

Just the right amount of options and I like the color (I'm boring and like 911s in grey and blue). The RS Spyder wheels give it a more special look than a typical base carrera and I'm always a sucker for any BBS style cross-spoke design. Price seems like it might a couple thousand high, but I bet they'd take a lower offer given current condtions.
I really like Agate Grey. It would be cool with some red seat belts, or some other accent color...
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #847
JST

I can't endorse DCT or grey/silver over black--all 911s should have a pop of color on them, at least. But that's a matter of taste. Looks like a nicely spec'd car within those constraints.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #848
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I can't endorse DCT or grey/silver over black--all 911s should have a pop of color on them, at least. But that's a matter of taste. Looks like a nicely spec'd car within those constraints.

Yeah a manual would be preferable but if pdk makes my wife happy it’s worth it.

I do like several of the porsche blues so hopefully one with right price / options will pop up. Unfortunately they tend to be specced with the beige interior color that I’m not a fan of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2020, 12:07 PM   #849
Alan
Carmudgeon

I really like the PDK, I think it is a great transmission ... it's not just because the shifts are instantaneous but it seems to stick in the right gear by itself with no need for my input.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:19 PM   #850
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M
Quote:
I do like several of the porsche blues so hopefully one with right price / options will pop up. Unfortunately they tend to be specced with the beige interior color that I’m not a fan of.
Agree 100%. Some of their dark blues are especially gorgeous. But I don't like any of their beige or brown interiors. I love some of the BMW browns.