carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Off Topic Forums > Biker's Detour

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2005, 02:07 AM   #1
Roadstergal
Butting in.

Leather for women - Dainese Yoyo

Since I dug the track and will be doing as many days as I can afford, I wanted a better-fitting set of leathers, and after looking into it more, I decided I wanted a one-piece. Well, there is only one currently-made noncustom women's one-piece, the Dainese Yoyo. It sure as heck isn't cheap. But after trying it on, I went ahead with it anyway. It's very well made, from materials to stitching to zippers to velcro, etc. It fits like a glove, which means a boogie-wiggle in and a boogie-wiggle out. Shoulder, forearm, knee and shin armor. Speed hump and knee pucks for when I get better. The legs and arms were too long when I was just standing, but once I sat on the 749 Dark they had sitting in the showroom (hey, my birthday's coming up!), it fit perfectly. It's made for riding.

The one thing that bugs me is that with the shin armor in, I can't get my SMX-3 fastened, and with the armor out, I'm ditching the nice knee protection as well as the shin armor.

I also picked up a Wave back protector. Another thing I didn't expect to find in my size, but it fits well, not too long like most protectors. Shoulder straps and a kidney belt on that one. It gives me a bit of a Hunchback of Notre Dame look along with the hump.

Stiffer than bejeezus at first, but it's starting to break in. And when it's 90+ outside, it's pretty hot unless you hang off at a good rate of speed.

Again, it's pricey, but if you want something that's well-made and fits, there you are.