carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2023, 10:39 AM   #25
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
My buddy finally got his new Bronco Raptor and gave me a chance to drive it.

A couple of thoughts:

-Removable top does produce a lot of wind noise as expected. Sounded like he had a roof basket on the car. One of the big con for me.
-I thought the 10 speed auto that was designed with GM was supposed to be a POS but is shifted very nice in auto mode, felt almost DCT like. Of course my only normal reference is a 5 speed auto In manual mode it seemed responsive to me too, not porsche DCT but VW DCT. There was a bit of noticeable shudder when shifting in manual though.
-Digital dash and infotainment looked nice and up to date. Good graphics and responsive.
-I tried to put it in 4 auto from 2WD and it got stuck in 4WD on dry roads after driving straight and hitting buttons we eventually went back to 2WD. Not sure if user error or ford quality.
-Steering was surprisingly responsive, almost sport like. Almost so responsive it might be annoying to keep straight on the freeway. Seems odd for off-road car but maybe you want that for baja running?
-Power seemed good but not crazy.
-Interior space was not that impressive for exterior size.
-Told him he is going to drive like an asshole on the road with it terrorizing people
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20231220_034637189.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	575.6 KB
ID:	16720  
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote