carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
dredmo
Chillaxin'

Carmudgeonly Ride: '05 C50, '04 F-150
2008 Honda Accord Coupe

Going to test drive a sedan today. My wife wants the new coupe; however, they will not arrive at the dealer in the configuration we want until later this month.

We're looking at the 6 speed, V-6 without VCM. It is supposed to handle and drive quite nice for what it is, and I'll find that out soon. I talked to a salesman who has driven 4 v-6 models, auto/manual and sedan/coupe. He says the standard sway bars and overall profile differences make the coupe a much better driver's car, but there is a close relationship between it and the sedan. I'll post my thoughts on the sedan here - not that anyone cares a whole lot about Accords.

It took my wife a while to talk me out of a BMW or an Audi, but now that she has, she is waffling. I think in the end, we want something reliable and less expensive than the BMW/Audi route would have as go.

Some baseline specs on the 6MT V6 Coupe...
~30K, 268HP, 248 Torque, ~25MPG, 3446lbs. (120 lbs. lighter than the auto...), 100% Safety package installed standard on all models.

Here is a fact sheet. Like food and wine, presentation is only a fraction of what is important - how it feels will determine the sale. I'll find out soon...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2008-accord-coupe-factsheet.pdf (446.5 KB, 422 views)
dredmo is offline   Reply With Quote