carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
mark07
Realist

Carmudgeonly Ride: 1996 328i Sport Pkg
Detailed and seafoamed my car.

I recently got back from vacation, and with no more job I decided to pull out my dad's Porter Cable today.

I think the results turned out pretty good. It removed all of the swirl marks and created a nice glossy "wet look" to the entire car. I still have a lot of rock chips and hail damage, but the car looks 10 times better than it did.

Here are some pics:

This probably would have looked better if the sky wasn't so cloudy:

Since I was in the mood of making my car better, I decided to pick up a few cans of seafoam from the local autozone.

Wow. All I can say is that Sea foam is the best thing you can do for your car for under $5.

I've had a couple problems with my car lately that I wanted to try to fix the easy way first. I've had a persistant rough idle problem. This happened only on startup and would go away after a quick rev to 1500 RPMs or so. Also, my car would nearly stall whenever I took it at-or-near redline, like it was in safe mode or something. When this happened I could just shut it off and turn it back on with the car running normal. The CEL threw codes saying fuel trim malfunction or something to that effect.

My can of seafoam has fixed both of my above problems. My car now starts with minimal cranking, idles smooth every time, the lifter ticking was nearly eliminated, and I can finally be able to hear my car at red-line.

Also, the smoke-show alone is worth the $5. I highly highly recommend it.
mark07 is offline   Reply With Quote