View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 12:56 AM   #29
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Wait, which one is Fast Finish?

Meguiar's Fast Finish. Goes on super easy. Spray a tiny bit on a microfiber, wipe on, then either wipe off or don't (I do), and move to the next section. It goes on and comes comes off super easy. As I said in the post above, only a few minutes to put a coat on the Camaro. (A metric AND Imperial fuckton easier than the Sonax PNS stuff.) Water beads and sheets very nicely for a few months (the "protects for a full year" on the box is an exaggeration). Since it's so easy to apply, I added a coat about once a month to the gray Camaro. With a little time, the car became very glossy. It also felt super slick all the time. Like, literally slippery. That's a double edged sword when you put as many stickers and decals on your car as I do since it makes it really hard for them to lay down and stick (but also makes it easier to remove them with less worry about potential clearcoat damage).

Clyde gives Fast Finish an A grade for ease of use and a A for doing what it's supposed to do and an A++ with bonus points on top for same when compared to the level of effort required. I used it for almost the entire two and a half years I had the turbo.

Tonight, I applied Sonax Polymer Net Shield for the first time and that's what I was talking about in the earlier post.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Does not go on happy, it goes on tacky and doesn't let your microfiber or applicator move smoothly. It goes on leaving visible streaks. It MUST be wiped off pretty quickly. The stuff is so sticky that it grabs your microfiber and doesn't really let go which makes it impossible to systematically wipe clear with predictable effect. You need to constantly check your work with lights at oblique angles to make sure it's all off. And guess what? It won't be. Wipe some more. Get another microfiber. Still not wiped off.

Clyde gives Sonax Polymer Net Shield an F grade for ease of use, but no grade yet for performance. I am hopeful that there's some sun on Monday so I can see what it looks like in the sun. I didn't start the application until probably 8:30pm. Also looking forward to seeing how water behaves on the surface in the rain. Really, really, really hoping it's better than the Fast Finish product so at least it feels like all the extra effort gave me something in return.

Nick has talked up Sonax PNS quite a bit over the past year or so and I bought a can last summer, but did not use until tonight. Based on my praise for Fast Finish, Nick tried at some point and reported back that he did not like it. IIRC, Nick lives in a world where PNS is easier to apply than FF. I don't know where Nick's world exists in real life, because that shit couldn't be further from the truth.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote