View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #8
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
I don't know the answer for you, but I don't see any bad options of the ones you listed! There is too much instability in the "Street" autocross classes for me to buy a car specifically for one of those classes again because I keep cars for a long time.

The power and wheel size should make it quite good. I didn't re-read the link, but what is the weight? I'd think the biggest issue is that (I assume) you'd have a pretty big payment or amount to shell out for a pretty similar car to what you have now.

You could get a V8 truck and put an exhaust on it?
I'm guessing competition weight would be about 3450. There are no listed curb weights for the 2020 car. The 19s are listed at 3500-3600, so I'm extrapolating from there assuming some weight doesn't really exist and some can be lost from exhaust, wheels and half a tank of gas, which leaves me estimating 3450 competition weight compared to my Camaro's 3200.

I like to think of Street class classing being good for three years which matches when I'd normally want to change cars anyway. My problem with the Camaro was buying it two years too late in the cycle. OTOH, the plan at the time was to only run it for a year and sell it for close to what I paid if I wasn't going to run it a second year. I'd expect Carmax to give me within a couple hundred dollars of what I paid if I sold it to them today, so...mission accomplished?

Truck V8s don't count.

Current lease deals for EB Mustangs are not unthinkable. If that continues...maybe

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote