View Single Post
Old 05-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
JST

Re: Hi guys, anyone have Toyo Tires or familiar with them???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was the grand prize winner at Bimmerfest and "one" of the prizes
(the best one for me) was a free set of Toyo tires.
I'm having a hard time deciding between "two" of them, so can you guys give me some help.

Here's the three choices that they gave me:

1) The Proxes RA-1 (more of a racing tire)

2) The Proxes T1-S (I'm now leaning towards this one)

3) The Proxes 4 (this is the tire that the Rep. from Toyo/Bimmerfest recommended)

See at www.toyo.com

Ok, it's a '95 540iA and is driven daily by my wife, it has the E.A.T. chip,
H&R Springs w/Bilstein Sports and 17" M-Kontour wheels.

When I'm driving it and putting the car to it's limits (or at least close) this the reason I'm "leaning" towards the Proxes T1-S, but then again, is the Proxes 4 better suited for everyday driving for my wife.
We want a great tire that does well on drive pavement in the twisties and also does well in the rain AND IS QUIET!!
YES, the tires on the car now do quite well (Yokahama AVS ES 100's) for handling and in the rain, BUT absolutley SUCK when it comes to being quiet!!!

Some opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
I just put the T1-Ss on my car. I still haven't had a chance to autox with them, so I haven't really pushed them yet. My initial impression is that the grip is good, with a reasonably progressive breakaway. They are not loud tires, and they don't tramline especially much. They also grip well in the rain. The one disadvantage I've identified so far is that they have a little lag on turn in, but it's not too bad.

Overall, I'd recommend this tire--so far.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote