Thread: What now?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 08:59 AM   #10
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
And you're still looking at Subarus? It's the only car brand that we've lost an engine in. At 78k miles.
As a short term temporary bridge to whatever the long term solution is? Sure.

If I ruled out every make because I or a close friend/family member had a ridiculous catastrophic failure long before reason would suggest, there would be nothing to look at.

Spending maybe $3k on something that relieves the pressure to DO SOMETHING NOW because we're sharing a car so she can take her time to deciding what she wants and us finding the right one seems like a reasonable thing. Worst that happens is we leave it on the side of the road and try again. Best case, it serves her need for a short while, then I use it for commuting until one of my kids gets her license and then she/they drive it until we leave it on the side of the road in a couple years?

What's not to like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Was that warranty extension some type of settlement for a class action suit? If so, very little chance for goodwill exception in my opinion.
Can't find a specific reference to it being part of a class action settlement. Most of the discussion suggests they took the action to try heading off a recall - but that's internet discussion, so...

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote