View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 06:33 PM   #2
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LOU5 View Post
In Vegas.

2022 Mustang with a 4-banger. I didn't get a chance to open the hood and look into the engine bay like I usually do, but man, for a 4-cylinder, it had some get-up-and-go.

I'm thinking it may have a turbo, judging from the seat-of-the-pants feel.

The one defect I noticed was the passenger's window didn't exactly mate with the driver's window, so there was a VERY noticeable gap between them when the top was down. I did like the fact that it was a one-button operation, and that I didn't have to get out and struggle with the top like the convertibles of old.

When I punched it on the freeway, the exhaust sound was very satisfying for a stock set-up. Like I said, it got to 80 mph fairly quickly, and was wondering what it would be like to drive a Shelby GT500 version of it.

We cruised the Strip with the top down, and found out this is really a good way to take pics of the unique buildings because there's no roof to get in the way.

(BTW, if you've never been to The Mob Museum, I highly recommend it. Extremely well done and VERY interesting !!).
I rented a Mustang convertible in Las Vegas YEARS ago. And with a friend drove it out to Zion and back (you can see the light from Luxor for MILES at night).

A ton of fun—although I do remember noting it was a somewhat lousy handling car and it felt kind of cheap. I doubt I even owned a BMW yet and still made that judgment.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote