View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #812
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I want mine back (or a replacement -- see more below).

Not sure I understand the hate about the touch screen. After driving the S for 5+ years, I really liked it -- and I had no issue with muscle memory issues. Especially since most of the frequently controlled things either never moved off the screen or had a steering wheel button as an option (volume, next track).

I'm currently in a Ford Fusion Hybrid for a rental (ugh…). The large number of buttons and small non-touch screen is much worse. 2 mornings now, I plugged my phone into the USB port to charge while driving, and about 25 minutes into my commute I got some random message saying that there were too many files on my device so the voice response on the car wouldn't work (WTF?). So I pulled out my emergency cigarette plug USB thingy to use going forward.

Regarding insurance and repairs. The first claim check is on its way to me (for ~$12k, all less my deductible, which will get refunded at some point since the other driver was at fault)… Since its repairable, they are at least starting to order parts. I believe there will be much more damage found once work starts. I have a feeling it will take at least 1-2 months to complete repairs.

But I really don't want that car back, so I'm now working on a diminished value claim. I stopped by Tesla this afternoon to see if they could help provide a trade estimate that notes the vehicle has repaired crash damage. My insurance also said they would help provide a value estimate. Once I have those, I can put a claim in to the other insurance company. I'm hoping to make the numbers work to just order a replacement and sell/trade this one...

Also, I received a copy of the police report of the accident -- attached is a snippet showing the diagram of what happened. My car is Unit 3. I still don't know how the Civic (Unit 1) avoided hitting the 2-3 other cars that were in front of me. The gap from where I was hit and the Yukon/horse trailer came to a stop was only a couple car lengths. This accident could have been so much worse...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crash Report.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	12038