View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 12:59 PM   #8
3LOU5
Slacker Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Lou ... what are the details. ... if the guy pulled you over for 5mph over the limit that is just nuts we all do at least that ... if you were going faster and this is what the cop wrote you up for them you caught a break.

As far as the rental car company like it was said above they’ll never know you got a ticket unless it was a photo ticket so don’t sweat it.

I’m sorry to hear you got pulled over ...
AF, most lone desert highways in NV have a 70 mph speed limit. I had my cruise set at 78 mph. I believe that the slight downhill couldn't hold my set speed, and it pushed my rental Altima (which, btw, is a pretty good rental car imho) to 81 mph.

He clocked me at 81 (of course). But when he handed me back my documents, he told me that he downgraded my violation to 5 over the speed limit and NO points. Like I said, I believe that being a veteran and being polite to him (turned my engine off, put both my hands on top of the steering wheel, saying "Yes, sir" "No, sir" helped out a great deal). I have a CCW permit (LEOs have access to that info) and I wanted him to feel comfortable with stopping me.

The funny thing was, long straights as far as the eye can see are common in NV, and you can safely test to see the top speed of ANY production car.

And I was *JUST* about to do that with the Altima. Luckily, I held the "need for speed" because I could've been cited for reckless driving and ultimately losing my driving privileges.
2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Last edited by 3LOU5; 12-30-2018 at 01:00 PM. Reason: edit
3LOU5 is offline   Reply With Quote