Thread: Porsche GTI
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 11:37 AM   #53
robg
Carmudgeon

Thanks for the update! I was perusing my local Porsche dealers inventory this weekend and noticed that they have a CPO 2023 Macan T for 65k. The original sticker is 80k so its pretty loaded with full leather, air suspension, surround view, upgraded seats, Bose, etc. It appears to be about 6 months old so i'm assuming it was a loaner or maybe demo. Kind of an interesting prospect since the CPO warranty would mean it's covered for 5 1/2 years from today...

I admit that I didn't have the best impression of a the Macan I rented in LA a couple years ago...the drivetrain felt dangerously lethargic from a standstill, 4 cylinder vibration could be felt at idle, the base seats were uncomfortable (lacking even basic lumbar adjusment) and hot (with that horrid fake suede), interior storage was limited and the tech felt outdated. But maybe the tweaks they've made since then, plus the better seats would change my mind. It also bugs me that a compact 4k pound 4 cylinder Macan has the same fuel economy as my 5k pound 6 cylinder mid-size SUV...with roughly the same acceleration too. My wife seemed to like it atleast. Lemming jokingly referring to it as a Porsche GTI also kind of re-framed how I think of it in my mind. Based on Porsche residual values, these things seem to hold their values well, so it could be a relatively affordable ownership prospect if I kept it for the warranty period.

They also have an S model of similar spec and age, but are only offering that at a 3k discount from the original sticker (82k from 85k) so not as appealing of a deal. Plus the S manages to get Chevy suburban levels of fuel economy which is just absurd in 2023. I also have trouble thinking of the Macan as an 80k vehicle. A BMW X3 40i blows the Macan out of the water in nearly every way, but a) I hate both of my local BMW dealers b) I have to accept that I just dont find any BMW seats comfortable c) they've uglified it w/ the facelift.

What do you guys think of this deal? I also noticed that CPO Taycans are finally starting to approach reasonable prices. The dealer had a 2020 4S advertised for 90k (still more than i'd want to pay for it but better than 6 months ago for sure). I think you guys have poisoned my mind with all the Porsche talk on this board!

Last edited by robg; 07-10-2023 at 11:58 AM.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote