View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 10:41 PM   #14
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
When I click that link I just see a listing for a used ipace? What reliability issues does it mention (not seeing it )?

Agree that EVs are still less than ideal for road trips unless you really enjoy detailed pre-planning (as ZBB does). I just kind of realized that this car checks all (most) of the boxes I’ve been looking for in a daily driver:
-good interior room with hatchback practicality but not too big
-nice interior with great seats and high quality leather or cloth (realized all my bmws have given me back pain whereas I feel great driving the Range Rover. Ipace has similar seats.)
-smooth powertrain with no lag and good power (hard to find with turbo gas powered cars now especially when paired with the ubiquitous but clunky ZF 8 speed)
-good steering weight (an area where I find current bmws and audis lacking)
-comfortable suspension but not floaty/boaty
-attractive interior and exterior (pretty much non existent on bmws now)
-under 70k out the door

Neither of my 2 other contenders are EVs btw (s5 and x3 40).

And like I said it’s not like we take many long road trips anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure why the link didn’t copy correctly but basically it was an iPace with monthly trips to the service department, it had 22 records 75% of them going for service within weeks of each other but I do agree with you that the iPace sounds really good otherwise and I completely get finding the right seat is a major plus (I love the multi contours i’ve had in all of my 5 series), I am not sure how old your kids are but I have noticed since my kids are in college we seem to be taking a lot of trips whether it’s to help them move in, visit schools (like we are doing this weekend for my youngest) or going to some college event and I am finding during these times it is really hard to get a good choice for a hotel since many parents are doing the same thing as us and are better at planning and I also notice that the hotels are not great selections especially the ones in upstate NY and the ones we encountered this weekend in Massachusetts haven’t been great either … none of them have charging facilities and unless these hotels are hiding them I just don’t see chargers anywhere. I just don’t have the ZBB patience for planning or waiting to get a car charged.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote