View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 02:02 PM   #20
robg
Carmudgeon

Considering a used Model S as our next car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
My Model 3 doesn’t have satellite radio (I guess none of them do), and I kind of miss it, but also don’t miss the annoying DJs.

I don’t find Slacker to be measurably better or worse than Pandora. Both are irritating at times, and neither lets me discover new music as well as SXM. But they are fine, mostly.

I haven’t driven a car with good Bluetooth integration. The Audis I’ve rented recently are ok, but the car seems like it’s always fighting between its native system and CarPlay.

CarPlay is...acceptable, when it works, which in my experience is about 30 percent of the time.

Honestly, if this is a big deal to you, don’t get a Tesla. I mean this in the most neutral manner possible, but if this is the kind of thing that’s going to stick in your craw, you aren’t going to be happy.

Yeah I’ve had trouble with CarPlay in Audi’s I’ve rented as well.

Good advice - id probably get over the media integration issues but it’s kind of an additive thing of small annoyances - death by a thousand cuts. I love the design, one pedal driving and instant torque but in every other respect I find the car / potential ownership experience worse than my current one. That might be too much to swallow. It would be a purely emotional purchase .

But if I want everything I like about my current car plus more power and adaptive cruise it’s going to cost a lot more.

Last edited by robg; 02-18-2019 at 02:37 PM.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote