Thread: What now?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #94
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
I got tired of waiting for more pics so I just looked up this car, wow I am surprised ... Toyota did a really nice job on the styling !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
Any photos yet?
I kinda don't get the interest in pics. It's a Camry platform based CUV/SUV. It's a new version of something that's been around for a while, so I guess there's that. I'll see if I can something this evening.

For the styling in general, Toyota made it look more like the 4Runner. The front end is pretty aggressive in that "LOOK OUT!!! I'M AN SUV!!!! GTFO OF MY WAY!!!!" kind of sense, but it's a little more subdued when the car is black.

Quote:
I'm curious about the rear legroom too on the CX-5. It definitely had less legroom than the CR-V when I was looking, but I didn't rule it out because of that. The RAV4 definitely seemed to have more space with the seats down than the others in the class.
The last gen RAV4 Hybrid gave up some cargo room for the batteries and motor, losing about three cubic feet, and its rear seats don't fold all the way flat. Stowed, they sit at an angle and behind their bases, there is an angled protrusion that runs the width of the cargo area and is about four or five inches deep that sort of creates a ramp to the rear seat backs.

The current gen's seats fold flat in the hybrid and both regular and hybrids have the same cargo dimensions. Behind the rear seats, the hybrid has has a little more than the last gen's and the regular has a little less. With seats down, they both have less than the old versions.

2018 cubic feet behind rear seats / with seats folded
regular 38.4 / 73.4
hybrid 35.6 / 70.6

2019 cubic feet behind rear seats / with seats folded
both 37.5 / 69.8

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote