View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #24
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
A big part of the problem with vanity tag censorship is that the censorship is not applied evenly. I don't know about other states, but I do know that Maryland follows its own rules on an arbitrary and selective basis. My understanding is that many states makes exceptions to their rules depending on the context even if some may still get offended.

Some thing son their face are patently obscene. When there's a good faith reason to believe a tag was chosen for something that is plain and visible when viewing the tag and you have to explain to aware and reasonable people why someone might think it's offensive, I think it would be wise to reevaluate. But, really, I don't want to stop anyone from getting their internet ire up.
On the second point, I might agree with you, but my standard for "good faith reason to believe" there was an innocent explanation is clearly different from yours. The idea that this guy has "Euro Fever," spelled yero, on a yellow car, and did not in any way intend it to be a double entendre, is...not plausible on its face.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote