View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 08:33 AM   #16
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Thanks everyone. This was the reality kick in the ass I was hoping to get. I had been looking at used v8 R8s for the last couple of weeks, but non of them had appealing color combos or moved the needle over my car. This one popped up and had so many interesting elements that I was really considering it.

@Alan, I actually went back and re-read our PM from 2020 when I got the 911 prior to considering this. It definitely kept things in perspective. I appreciate you reiterating your preference re: 911 driving dynamics. That's the one big perceived plus to the R8 that I may be giving it too much credit for

@Lemming - re: a lot of other cars for $135k - my 'requirements' of a convertible and a 3 pedal manual limit that pool substantially. Other than a boxster spyder/GTS, i don't know of anything else that fits the bill. What other cars would you consider?

@FC - my thought exactly regarding the maintenance records. There is some really weird 'repairs' in there - the one that gave me most pause was the engine oil pump. If that had issues before replacement, i can't imaginge it would bode well for the long term viability of the engine. I also found it odd the owner did the manual swap in September then almost immediately listed it for sale.

@SCA - my 991 is a 2017, but not CPO'ed - when I bought it I still had 2 years of new car warranty left. I considered buying the Fidelity warranty when I purcahsed it, but never went forward with it.

Surprisingly, I showed my 18yr old son last night, thinking he'd have all sorts of teen exuberance for the Audi and his comment was "I like the Porsche more." Wife gave me a bit of a stink eye as well, so it seems like a decision has been made.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote