View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #8
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
You identify the problem later in your post.

I agree and it's why I said I didn't think it would work, but the good part about it was demonstrating thinking of new models.

I don't understand why this is brought up. As you point out in the next paragraph, finding ways for people to conveniently charge that cannot charge at home is the nut to crack. Charging at home for those that can is a solved problem, so why mention it?

I may be really wrong, but chargers at nearly every parking spot seems at least as inefficient and impractical as charging robots, but practicality aside, would work just as well.
I mean, back in the day people designed houses with only one or two outlets per room. Nowadays there are many, many more.

The tricky part is making sure the house wiring is designed to support the load, but in new construction/rehabilitation that's easy enough to do. Same principle applies to parking, especially where you've already got electrical infrastructure.

Is it an easy problem? Yes. Is it cheap? Not especially, but then again, burning fossil fuels ain't free, either.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote