Thread: Jaguar F Pace
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
JST

Our trip with the F Pace concluded yesterday. Overall, it's a nice vehicle. It's reasonably comfortable, has good space inside, got non-terrible mileage, and really killed it on the highway, cruising at 90+ like it was nothing.

Impressive performance for a 2 liter four. At the same time, I was reminded when I got home of a time when not all cars were 2 liter fours, and why that matters. The Ingenium four is powerful and doesn't have much lag, but it grumbles and sounds pretty pedestrian; the 3 liter six in the M3 just feels worlds more special. The F Pace with a 5.0L V8 or something unique and interesting would be really compelling.

Driving-wise, my impressions from above mostly held true. The ride is rougher than it needs to be and it feels a little like it's on stilts, but if you need an SUV this wouldn't be a bad choice, at all.

The infotainment system held it together for the rest of our trip, and worked well with carplay. I didn't like that there were no physical buttons for the seat heaters, but other than that it was a system I could live with.
JST is online now   Reply With Quote