Thread: Garage lift
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #36
Alan
Carmudgeon

Believe me I have thought of any and every possibility of building another garage, directly behind the theater room (aka my dogs bedroom ) it is completely finished with pavers, retaining walls, sitting area with a fire pit, plus my pool is after that.

My home is a ranch so I can't build up ... I considered that when my kids were young but I feel I missed that boat many years ago being the kids are older and not around as much and I really don't need more living space.

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I think the 2 things holding me back from getting a lift are:

1) I drive both sports cars multiple times a week, having access to them now is easy, with a lift I now need to move a car form the bottom, lower and then remove the car from the top and then pull the unused car back in ... I know myself I just won't drive whichever car is on the top because it is a PIA

2) I don't know if I am crazy about having this big lift in my garage taking up room, it changes the whole feel of it. It is only a 2 1/4 garage ...

Kind of like when I had the tire balancer machines, it sounded like a fun idea but I really did not like the fact it took up so much garaqe space.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote