Thread: Hot Wheels
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 05:23 PM   #21
Terri Kennedy
There and back again

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2003 BMW 325xiT; looking for a new fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Have you had a positive experience with their services, or know someone that has? I'm not looking for them to come back perfect, just good enough so that it's at least not as noticeable as currently with the rash. Attached is the first wheel to be replaced. It's not "that" bad, but still bugs me, especially whenever I have to clean them, which is about once a month since I only put about 400 miles on them each month.
Yes, I have used them at least a half dozen times (around here they install potholes, not fix them, in the spring). I've been totally satisfied with the service they've performed on my wheels. The only time I was unhappy was when I purchased a set of 5 wheels to have a dedicated set of snow tires, and the 5th (which cost the same as the other 4) was balanced and true, but had some fugly dings under the paint that were cosmetic. I guess they thought "it's a spare, who cares".

They claim to be the only place in the US that can match the blackish silver shadow color used on some wheels (mostly M models, at least back in the day). Folklore has it that the paint formulation BMW uses on those wheels is not allowed in the US in uncured (wet) form, which is why nobody else has come up with an exact match.
Terri Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote