View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #33
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Two-part update:

1) eGolf. Apparently an inspection with an independent entity has to be scheduled for them to check the car over (for cosmetics/wear) and they gave us the earliest date of Feb 4. I had seen the paperwork and noticed we had the car until mid-February, so no big deal. Well, I checked the paperwork the other day and noticed the warranty expires on 1/31. The risk-averse person in me wants to posses this car for 0 seconds past the warranty having expired. I don't really need the car. Trouble is, the inspection appointment is scheduled after the warranty expires. Dealer said they can take the car early but they are not responsible for what happens until that inspection. VW Credit says we can turn it in and take pictures at the time. What a PITA.

2) Miata on winter tires. It's awesome. It has been frigid the last two days, and it dealt with backing up 200 feet on the sheet of ice that is my driveway like a champ. The tires combined with the LSD make it fun but able to get through any icy patches pretty easy. As I imagined, the roads are a salty, disgusting mess, so the M3 is resting pretty until the upcoming warmth and inches of rain wash everything away.

Oh and the eGolf tires blow on extreme cold even when it is dry, so no chance of using that car until tomorrow when the the ice is gone.

Pretty happy with the Miata setup.
FC is online now   Reply With Quote