View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #12
Alan
Carmudgeon

I have no spare on 3 of my cars (ones got run flats so its ok) but and its a big but I never had a leak that went flat literally while driving until about a little over a year ago in the 991 and sh*t was it stressful watching the Tire pressure reading go from 44 down to under 20 in literally less than a couple of miles (or at least until my TPMS gave me a read out I had little pressure) ... I was freaking out thinking what am I gonna do ... i pulled into a gas station for about 20 seconds and the reading kept going down and down so I flew out of the gas station, luckily just happen to be a mile or two from my mothers home and flew as fast as I could hoping to make it ...

Yes I did make it and the tire was just about flat but lucky enough I made it there and took her truck to my home where I was able to grab my jack, a plug and all the crap needed to get the tire repaired and was able to go back to her house and get my car back and up on the road.

NEVER had this happen to me before where a tire just flew down in pressure but it sure made me nervous ... fast forward to today ... bought a 991 spare for some ridiculous amount of money but at least I don't have to worry about that happening again.

My advice ... go for the run flats or get yourself a spare ... nothing is worse than getting a super fast leaking flat and having to be stuck on the side of the road ... you'll curse yourself for not spending the extra $100 or $200 to go with the run flats ...
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote