View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 05:29 PM   #39
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Yeah, I never followed up, huh?

Well, they did a good job with the application. But there are two things that bothered me:

1) I paid $200 specifically for them to remove the little rear arch factory-applied protection and put in a piece that went much higher - I even showed him where the couple of chips above the existing strip where and how I wanted that covered. Turns out he "found an existing kit profile" that they cut and installed. Much better coverage (wrapped around edges) and higher than the factory strip but also clearly below where I pointed out out I wanted it to be. The kit also included a corner slice for the lower rear doors which is added protection, but you can see those edges. So I am not thrilled but not exactly pissed off about it.

2) They said they would detail the car in advance. Well they kind of did. They used some product to "decontaminate the car" (read: strip wax) which makes sense, and they polished all areas where film was applied. The car looked stunning when I picked it up, but it now has no wax and they didn't really clean whatever they applied from the door sills, so I had to open the doors and wipe off that stuff. Since it's winter, it's going to be hard to find a weekend warm enough to re-detail and wax before the spring.

But overall, I am very happy.
FC is online now   Reply With Quote