Old 05-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #7
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr129
Well you know, we've pretty much settled on the 3.0 Outback. The engine is smooth and definitely powerful enough for this wagon to move around quickly with no lag and good low-end torque. It also doesn't mind reving high, something my parents' Volvo XC70 hates to do.

I happen to like the outback trim because of the ground clearance, taller sidewalls, and more compliant suspension given the shitty roads here and in Canada. OEM tires are shit, but I'll likely get Michelin Pilot Sport A/S asap.
What makes going to the 3.0 a no-brainer if you want a slushie, is that it costs basically the same as a turbo Outback limited.
LL Bean or that other VCD thing?

Two-tone or not?
LL Bean has the two-tone. The VDC is the better car because of its suposedly amazing atrction control system (and better stereo), but it does cost another 2K or so over the LL Bean. That has a one-tone interior and no LL Bean badges.

I'd like the VDC if I can get a good deal on it. I'm looking for one in the October-November time frame. Probably too late for new, discounted '05's. But a slightly used '05 would work for us too.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote