View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #2150
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
It's not worth it at $61k for porsche style "investment". But to drive and enjoy, there are a lot worse ways to spend $61k.

FWIW, I thought 56k would be a good deal for the buyer, but I guess the seller has that or a bit more offered in trade which is why they are holding out.

Come to think of it, I have a very similar car, it's three years older and I bought it three years ago in May (with 8k miles and clear bra and all that). Mine is not a GTS (no such thing in 2013) but it does have 6MT, PTV, PASM, PSE, 18-way seats, GT Silver, full leather interior and a $91k MSRP. I bought it on the spot for $56k back then with 8k miles. I might have gotten a slight deal and the GTS may be worth more, but "$61k firm" is not realistic.

By the way, the GTS (I test drove a new one) has a sound tube or some other addition to "enhance" sound in the cabin. I personally did not like it boominess. I've seen reports of folks disabling it or stuffing it like they did with a Bose subwoofer. In fact, I don't even like artificial Pop/Bangs too much. The exhaust sounds just fine as it is, sometimes better with PSE on, sometimes better with it off. Three years on, I have no plans to sell it, my mileage accrual dramatically slowed down in the last two years, so I'm just about to cross 20k.
Let me know if you need it taken off your hangs. =)