View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #2149
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
It's not worth it at $61k for porsche style "investment". But to drive and enjoy, there are a lot worse ways to spend $61k.

FWIW, I thought 56k would be a good deal for the buyer, but I guess the seller has that or a bit more offered in trade which is why they are holding out.

Come to think of it, I have a very similar car, it's three years older and I bought it three years ago in May (with 8k miles and clear bra and all that). Mine is not a GTS (no such thing in 2013) but it does have 6MT, PTV, PASM, PSE, 18-way seats, GT Silver, full leather interior and a $91k MSRP. I bought it on the spot for $56k back then with 8k miles. I might have gotten a slight deal and the GTS may be worth more, but "$61k firm" is not realistic.

By the way, the GTS (I test drove a new one) has a sound tube or some other addition to "enhance" sound in the cabin. I personally did not like it boominess. I've seen reports of folks disabling it or stuffing it like they did with a Bose subwoofer. In fact, I don't even like artificial Pop/Bangs too much. The exhaust sounds just fine as it is, sometimes better with PSE on, sometimes better with it off. Three years on, I have no plans to sell it, my mileage accrual dramatically slowed down in the last two years, so I'm just about to cross 20k.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote